Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Assisted Living Music Video Parody (Lyrics)

We made our first assisted living music video. Three of our homes (the ones on Banff Lane and 135th Drive in Surprise and Campbell Avenue in Goodyear) participated in making the video. Everyone had a great time. Our video production company – Voyage Pro Productions – did an outstanding job.

Assisted Living Music for a Cause

We tried to use the video to raise money to help treat our residents who have Alzheimer’s. If you like the video, it would be great if you would donate. Even if you could like and share the video, we would really appreciate it. We’ll try to make some more. If nothing else, our residents really liked making the assisted living music videos.

So without further ado, here are the lyrics for our first official assisted living music video..

Assisted Living Rhapsody

Is this my rehab?
Is this just my bum knee?
Caught in a taxicab
No escape from my family
Open your eyes
Look all around Surprise and see
I’m just an old boy, I need some Vitamin C
Because I got the runs, need to go
(Blood) Pressure’s high, Iron’s low
Anyone win bingo? doesn’t really matter to me, to me
Mama, just had a scan
I laid down in a bed
Results came back, and I’m not dead
Mama, we have tons of fun
At the assisted living where I stay
Mama, oh, oh
For Hospice I qualify
If I forget your name again tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters
Too late, my bedtime has come
In my chair I will recline
Dentures soaking all the time
Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to sew,
I sure could sew so much more in my youth

Mama, oh, oh (Can I win at bingo?)
I’m not really shy
Sometimes I don’t wear any clothes at all
I see them cooking an omeletto in a pan
Chocolate Moose, Chocolate moose with a side of fresh mango
Thunderbolt and lightening, very, very frightening me
Lisinopril, Lisinopril, Lisinopril, Lisinopril, Lisinopril, Seroquel, So many pills
I’m just an old boy and somebody bathes me,
He’s just an old boy with a large family,
Spare him the move to a big facility
Nurses come nurses go can I watch the show?
This pill-a, no you cannot watch the show, watch the show
This pill-a, you cannot watch the show, watch the show
This pill-a, you cannot watch the show, watch the show
(cannot watch the show) watch the show (off to bed you go) watch the show (Doctor told us so)
Oh oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia watch the show
The cooler tub never has a beer for me for me for me
So will you walk me and share with me some pie
So you think you can dress me and tie my tie?
Oh babies, can’t wait to see grand babies
Just gotta get it out just gotta get it right out of my ear
Oh oh oh yeah, oh oh yeah
My family really matters
Anyone can see
My family really matters
My family really matters to me
Anyone win at bingo?

Come Join Us for the Next One

We are starting to brainstorm the next video. We may need some extras. Would you like to join us? Please reach out to us to see what we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment